Download the Program Brochure
May 30 to June 7, 2023
- 29.5. “Sonu Nigam” in BERLIN! Concert in the Tempodrom
- 30.5. 7:00 p.m. Opening film/OPENING: Fanaa + special guests + Q&A with Sonu Nigam at 7:00 p.m. in the Babylon
IndoGerman Filmweek PASS 2023:
- EUR 65 (ALL FILMS + OPENING FILM FANAA + Q&A with Sonu Nigam) TICKETS: HERE
A Tribute to Sonu Nigam:
- Filmweek: Opening – Fanaa Q&A Sonu Nigam, Adil Hussain with Nathalia Syam for “Footprints on Water – with guests,” 30.5. 19:00
- A Tribute to Sonu Nigam: In good and bad (Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham), 04.06. 18:15
- Indian Love Story: A Tribute to Sonu: Indian Love Story: Live and think not of tomorrow [Kal Ho Na Ho], 05.06. 17:00
The legendary voice of Bollywood, Sonu Nigam, had given his first concert in Berlin on Whit Monday, May 29, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. in the Tempodrom.
Sonu Nigam, known as the “Performer of the Millennium,” has shaped the musical highlights of numerous blockbuster films as a playback singer for stars like Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, and others in the Indian film industry. He is also an actor and music director.
With an extensive repertoire of songs, Sonu is celebrated for his versatility as a singer, performing in 33 different languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Kannada, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, and English. He has won numerous awards for his chart-topping songs in Bollywood films.
The concert in the Tempodrom will kick off the IndoGerman Film Week, which will be held from Tuesday, May 30, 2023, to Wednesday, June 7, 2023, in the Babylon.
To start the 10-day festival and the “A Tribute to Sonu Nigam” series, the opening film “Fanaa” will be shown on May 30th at 7:00 p.m., featuring the iconic song “Mere Haath Mein.” Sonu Nigam will also participate in a Q&A session.
Fans of Sonu Nigam should mark Tuesday, May 30, 2023, on their calendars. Due to limited space, tickets for the concert can be purchased along with the festival pass through Eventim.de or by purchasing the festival pass alone for 50 euros, which includes all films of the IndoGerman Film Week and the opening of the “A Tribute to Sonu Nigam” series.
The film program of the IndoGerman Film Week will showcase a wide range of current regional Indian works. Additionally, fans of Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Salman Khan can also enjoy films like PATHAAN and KISI KA BHAI KISI KI JAAN!
On Sunday, June 4th at 5:00 p.m., the documentary “THE PROMISE” about the Indian star architect BV DOSHI will be shown in a premiere, with director Jan Schmidt-Garre in attendance. Balkrishna Doshi, an outstanding architect and pioneer in sustainability and social housing, was awarded the Nobel Prize in Architecture, the Pritzker Prize, in 2018 for his remarkable contributions.